Poodl media doesn't show on mobile devices

Poodl media doesn't show on mobile devices

by Christopher Britt -
Number of replies: 8

Moodel 2,6 on Hostgator

Hi All,

At long last my site is up and running but my students and I have noticed that the media files don't show on moblie devices?

How can I fix this, because I´d like for the students to be able to study anywhere on any device, therefore removing any limitation or excuse not to learn.

All the best from Granada, Spain

CHris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Christopher Britt

Re: Poodl media doesn't show on mobile devices

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Congratulations on getting up and running. 

The media will show on mobile devices usually, although possibly you are using file types that mobile safari and friends don't support, eg flv . 

It is also possible, though unlikely, that your  PoodLL filter settings are set to show only flash, and not html5 players. Check that in the PoodLL filter settings, "When to use HTML5" Playback. It should be set to mobile devices.

Also what mobile devices and what browsers and what files don't display is good information, that will help me.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Christopher Britt -

Hi Justin,

OK

• the files that I´m using are audio linked from Kiwii6 mp3
  • the files that are not showing are the mp3's from Kiwi6
  • mobile devices are windows and android

I´ve just checked the settings and they are as you say, tried flipping to the javascript, NO!, Poodlplayer, NO!

If I go to convert URLS into links and images and turnon the HTML it then shows the hotlink form Kiwi6 but no player?

If I go to When to use HTML and try the different combiantions it makes no difference?

Flow player settings if I change to JSFLowplayer, NOTHING! Change to Flashembed it comes up on my windows phone ''Flash version3,0 or greater is required?

Oh I do like playing ;)

Talk soon

Chris

CHange Default Player, Nothing

by Justin Hunt -

How are you embedding these files?

It should be like this:

how to embed audio from kiwi6

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Christopher Britt -

NO sad

By using the link on the tool bar, if I use the insert media I get something totally different to the image shown¿?

The top image is what I´ve been using and the bottom is what a get when I hit the insertMedia.

Attachment InsertMedia2.JPG
Attachment InsertMedia3.JPG

by Justin Hunt -

Oh. Sorry, my image was from Moodle 2.7 which uses the new Atto html editor.

You are probably doing it correctly. If it is working on PC but not on mobile, then I am not really sure. PoodLL doesn't do much in that case. It just puts out bog standard html5 audio tags. HTML5 audio playback can be a bit fussy about https, but usually the problem doesn't come down to that. And in this case it is not https. Is it only kiwi6 hosted audio that is not playing?

What happens if you record or upload a file to your server and then try to play that back from mobile? 

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Christopher Britt -

Hi,

I´ll try loading i onto the server but that kind of defeats the idea of controlling the load sad

TTFN

I´ll keep you informed

Chris

by Justin Hunt -

Uploading the audio to your server and testing if it works, is really just to try and narrow down the source of the problem. 

Since that also doesn't work, it means the problem is likely related to the filter. I seem to recall having a conversation with you earlier about the way you were linking to audio files. What happens if you temporarily disable all filters, and leave only the PoodLL filter enabled? If not, does having only the multi media plugins filter enabled work?

If you get it working that way, then re enable the other filters one by one and see where the problem is coming from. 

If it is just mobile devices, I suppose it is possible that the PoodLL filter is not recognizing your devices as mobile. But in that case the multi media plugins filter will probably work.