edit csv enrollment mail

edit csv enrollment mail

by Marten van der Molen -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have a question, 

If I enroll users using a csv file, those user recieve a automatic generated mail, with their user name and password.

I was wondering if it is possible to edit this mail

Thank you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marten van der Molen

Re: edit csv enrollment mail

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Flotter Totte

This comes if you are are enrolled for a new course right? I mean the mail users get if there accounts are created. :s 

by Peter Jonker -

Marten,
Looks like you would understand Dutch but for the sake of this platform my reply in English smile
The mail you are referring to only gets sent if you don't have a column 'password' in your csv. If that is included no mail gets sent. However the mail you are referring to can be changed through the language files in Moodle. Edit the language files and select moodle.php and search for [String identifier] "newusernewpasswordtext". This will bring up the mail text that should be the mail you're looking for.
Hope this helps?
Peter Jonker

In reply to Peter Jonker

Peter,

Thank you very much for this information, I changed it and it works well!

and indeed, I do understand Dutch smile

Marten van der Molen

by Flotter Totte -
Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry Marten, I confused user authentification and course enrollment. The thread I was referring to deals with CSV upload of new users to moodle. Not enrollment of users into a course....

In reply to Flotter Totte

I understand the confusion, I am not sure if I posted in the right thread, seeing all other posts in this thread are about course enrollment.

Marten van der Molen