How can I create a hot spot in Moodle?

Re: Ang: Re: How can I create a hot spot in Moodle?

by Brian Evans -
Number of replies: 0

Jan,

The drap-and-drop labels questions (there are two of them) from OU are very good.  However, they are not hot spots.  I use them but wish there were a hot spot question type because labels can very quickly crowd an image.  They are also difficult to use if the thing you want your students to identify is small.

For example, I sometimes teach geography and use the drag-and-drop questions for labeling continents and oceans.  However, I cannot figure out how to create a question that requires students to identify all 50 of the United States.  Even doing a small subset of the 50 states quickly clogs the map with labels and it is difficult to label small states like Rhode Island and Delaware.

One work-around is to label your image and then ask students to match the labels on your image to items from a drop-down list.  In my case, I could label California as 'A', Texas as 'B', and so on.  I would then ask my students to tell me (matching, multiple choice, short answer) which state was labeled 'A', which was 'B', and so on.