Permission for non-enrolled student to submit assignment

Permission for non-enrolled student to submit assignment

by Gary Anderson -
Number of replies: 2

I have a course that I have created at my school for a weekly programming problem.  We don't want to enroll every student in the course, but we do want any authenticated user to be able to submit the weekly assignment.

So created an assignment and set a special permission for that assignment to give the role to submit assignment, however the button does not appear for submission to non-students of the course.  We also tried setting the role to submit assignment at the course level to authenticated user and again there is no submit button for non-students.

Should this work or is there something else we need to do to allow a non-student/ authenticated user to submit assigments.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Anderson

Re: Permission for non-enrolled student to submit assignment

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I'm not sure you can do this I'm afraid - users need to  to be enrolled in a course to be able to submit an assignment and that is done with the student role. How have you set up this "special permission"? Perhaps there is a workaround.

In reply to Gary Anderson

Re: Permission for non-enrolled student to submit assignment

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Gary ,

If you create assignment on front page, then it is possible for users to submit it.

Please refer below link to know how to enable front page users to participate in activity

https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Roles_FAQ#How_do_I_enable_logged-in_users_to_participate_in_front_page_activities.3F  

Then enable this permission

Submit assignment  ( mod/assign:submit ) - set to allow for authenticated users from     administration > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles