Chemistry editor Atto plugin

Re: Chemistry editor Atto plugin

by Siddhant Wankar -
Number of replies: 3

help please!

I'm facing this problem, as well as the Editor is not displaying anything (I tried the H2SO4 example) it displays the code itself

In reply to Siddhant Wankar

by Greg Padberg -

We previously experienced an issue where TeX notation within Calculated Multichoice Questions does not seem to work using the standard MathJax or TeX Moodle filters.  It only seems to work when MathJax is loaded for all Moodle pages (adding MathJax javascript loader at Site Administration > Appearance > Additional HTML within HEAD).  Further discussion can be found here.

Because of the above mentioned issue, we are loading MathJax via Additional HTML (with MathJax and TeX filters both disabled) and have recently installed the Chemistry editor plugin for Atto.  Can somebody post an example configuration of how to add the mhchem extension where MathJax loads from CDN?

In reply to Greg Padberg

by Geoffrey Rowland -
Picture of Plugin developers

Something like:

<script type="text/x-mathjax-config">
  MathJax.Hub.Config({ 
    config: ["Accessible.js", "Safe.js"],
    TeX: {
        extensions: ["mhchem.js"]
    },
    errorSettings: { message: ["!"] },
    skipStartupTypeset: true,
    messageStyle: "none"
  });
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
    src="https://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js">
</script>

See also: http://mathjax.readthedocs.org/en/latest/tex.html#mhchem

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Geoffrey Rowland

by Greg Padberg -

Thanks Geoffrey, that worked a treat!  I just had to remember that the MathJax setup was configured inline in the "Additional HTML" section rather than in the MathJax filter configuration.  As such, it worked when the the MathJax filter configuration info (configuration filter_mathjaxloader | mathjaxconfig) was left empty.