More theme - making changes to base files

Re: More theme - making changes to base files

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I was testing it last night and wondered what was wrong, I also followed what you had done and saw the error about the html in frontpage at line (whatever it was) was not being recognised and then I realised what was amiss.

I was also reading your other posts from last month about the header and again realised that you had a black navbar and so this also carries the class navbar-inverse which was missing from the original CSS you had found in an older discussion. So putting all this together and also giving you options about how to add CSS it looks like things all fell into place.

It's been a good discussion as it makes me realise how easy it is to be ahead of someone and not to assume too much, as each person is an individual and as such learns in a different way.

Anyway I am glad it is working now.

By the way, please don't forget to make a copy of the theme as it is now. And also the easiest thing to do is actually make it into a child theme, by making 'theme_more' a dependency theme in this child theme's version.php so that it looks like this...assuming you call the theme skills4life...

defined('MOODLE_INTERNAL') || die;

$plugin->version   = 2014091200;
$plugin->requires  = 2014050800;
$plugin->component = 'theme_skills4life';
$plugin->dependencies = array(
    'theme_bootstrapbase'  => 2014050800,
    'theme_clean'  => 2014050800,
    'theme_more'  => 2014050800,
);

If you want to do this then I can start a new thread with instructions how to make a child theme from theme_more....

You will only need to keep certain files, like the settings page and the layout/frontpage.php and the rest of the code needed will come from 'theme_more' so the child theme will be a lot lighter and not too many things to change.

So pleased you have got over the biggest hurdle...now the fun starts!

And for all the frustrations it was a pleasure to help.

Thank you!

Cheers

Mary