Moodle 2.6.4 Clean Theme Navigation collapse problems

Moodle 2.6.4 Clean Theme Navigation collapse problems

by Sam Mudle -
Number of replies: 11

I love the Moodle 2.6.4 Clean theme, but for some reason, the grader screens, quiz edit question screens leave this large blank margin where the administrative and navigation blocks normally exist.  

When I collapse these blocks, the theme leaves these large spaces there, like it thinks that the administration blocks are still there.

Is there a fix to make this margin not be there?

clean theme problem

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Mudle

Re: Moodle 2.6.4 Clean Theme Navigation collapse problems

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Ensure that editing is off for that page and you only used the edit quiz option.  There are two different links in the navigation.  When the page editing is on then they are block drop areas.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Sam Mudle -

I've verified that site editing is off before I go to grader report or quiz editing mode.  It still makes a blank margin appear when I collapse the administration and navigation bars.  

It only does this for grader reports, quiz statistics, quiz editing.  The rest of the site collapses fine.

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Are there any hidden blocks on the page?

Using Fire bug can you find and tell me what classes you see in the <body> tag for that page if you do not have Firebug just right click on your mouse and select 'View page source' from the dropdown menu that appears. The body tag starts after a very long list of Javascript and looks something like this...

sample body tag taken from a forum page

<body id="page-mod-forum-post" class="format-topics path-mod path-mod-forum gecko dir-ltr lang-en yui-skin-sam yui3-skin-sam moodle-org pagelayout-incourse course-5 context-115 cmid-46 category-3 two-column has-region-side-post used-region-side-post jsenabled has_dock has_dock_left_vertical dndsupported">

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It's a BUG and needs fixing.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Not a bug in M2.7, so M2.6 only?

Attachment 2014-09-08 15_57_08-Grades_ View.png

by Gareth J Barnard -

i.e:

Attachment 2014-09-08 15_57_38-Grades_ View.png

by Mary Evans -

That's the grader that uses the report layout. S is using the Question. Bank which uses the Admin layout. And although it's called an editing page it is more of a settings page as editing is OFF.

I've opened a tracker for it ... MDL-47156

Affects 2.6.4 only 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Sam Mudle -

That's the grader that uses the report layout. S is using the Question. Bank which uses the Admin layout. And although it's called an editing page it is more of a settings page as editing is OFF.

I've opened a tracker for it ... MDL-47156

Affects 2.6.4 only 

Thank you for looking into it.  At first I thought it was a side effect of my custom CSS that I applied to the theme, but I noticed that it still happens if there is no custom CSS.

The bug appears in:

• Quiz Response Report
  • Quiz Editing Report
  • Profile Editing Screen
  • Browse User List
  • Grader Report
  • Outcomes Report

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Mary Evans -

Thanks...

to fix try adding this to Clean thems custom CSS box...

.content-only #region-main.span9 { width:100%}
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Sam Mudle -

Thanks...

to fix try adding this to Clean thems custom CSS box...

.content-only #region-main.span9 { width:100%}

Great, it seems to work fine. I've tried it on a bunch of the pages. You can sorta see the page snap back when the custom css goes into effect. 

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Mary Evans -

I think the problem has been there since 'docking blocks' was enabled in Bootstrapbase themes. I am not sure why it was not picked up though, as it should have been seen while testing. I must check up on that.

I'll fix the theme now that you have tested it for me. smile

Cheers

Mary