What is a "subwiki"?

What is a "subwiki"?

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I am re-posting here a question I posted on the Wiki forum some time ago but has remained unanswered. Hopefully someone on this forum will know what a sub-wiki is.thoughtful

In the Moodle database there is a Table: mdl_wiki_subwikis.But there is no reference to creating sub-wikis in the Wiki doc. What are they?

Joseph

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: What is a "subwiki"?

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Off the top of my head, they are to allow separate individual / group wikis, within one activity instance.

In reply to Davo Smith

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Davo "they are to allow separate individual / group wikis, within one activity instance"

How do you actually do that in a Wiki administration?

Joseph

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Joseph - when you create a wiki, for the 'wiki mode' you can choose 'Collaborative wiki' or 'Individual wiki'. If you have chosen 'collaborative wiki' you can then choose 'Separate groups' to have separate wikis for different groups (I think, I've not checked in detail).

If you choose 'collaborative wiki' and 'no groups', then there will be one subwiki, if you choose 'individual wiki' there will be one subwiki per person, if you choose 'collaborative wiki' + 'separate/visible groups' there will be one subwiki per group.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)

by dawn alderson -

Joseph, hi

when you say: I posted on the Wiki forum some time ago but has remained unanswered.

peeps do their best eh...but I get you, it is always best for Mods to say they don't know rather than ignore you eh....sense of being lost otherwise eh...Davo saved the day!

D

In reply to dawn alderson

by dawn alderson -

addendum.......cough cough!

Howard always says when he doesn't know-must crack on with shovelling the hole here!

H- *big grin*

D