More on the previous posting. Problems uploading File resource in 2.7

More on the previous posting. Problems uploading File resource in 2.7

by Gary Lebowitz -
Number of replies: 2

I just created a Folder resource and was able to upload a 74MByte .flv video (which was to be played by Flowplayer, as the many other videos I've uploaded not in a folder have been). And uploading a file into the new folder I created works fine. So at least there is nothing wrong with the server. Or it seems there isn't. The problem is: I need the uploaded file to be played directly via Flowplayer within Moodle, so I can't use creation of a folder as a workaround. Again, up till now I have been able to upload dozens of videos (yes, the course is very very large in terms of disk space used owing to all the videos). And then suddenly it's as though the tank were full and won't accept any more files directly as a File resource. Any tips and tricks to get around this would be appreciated. I suppose I could suggest users download a free .flv player and download from the Folder onto their local computers and open the .flv and play with the free .flv player. But this is outrageously complicated for most people. No, I want them to be able to open directly like all the other video files I've uploaded thus far.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lebowitz

Re: More on the previous posting. Problems uploading File resource in 2.7

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I can't merge threads, but, please don't start new threads about the same problem. It just causes confusion. 

In reply to Howard Miller

Re: More on the previous posting. Problems uploading File resource in 2.7

by Gary Lebowitz -

Sorry. Will not do again.