Moodle Quiz Setup

Moodle Quiz Setup

by Liz Steele -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Everyone,

We are setting up safety tests for Technical Education and have a question about how best to do it. 

We record the student's first attempt as their score for the quiz.  However, to use machinery in class, students must get 100% - so if they didn't get that score on their first attempt, they would keep trying.

I see there is a way to take the grade from the first attempt for the gradebook (and ignore other attempts). . . but is there a way we can record the first attempt and then also see that they got 100% on a different attempt?  

Any help with the best way to set this up would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liz Steele

Re: Moodle Quiz Setup

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Liz,

Just as you discovered, set the Grading Method to First Attempt. Then set the Attempts Allowed to unlimited.

When the teacher goes to the quiz and clicks on Attempts, they will see ALL of the other attempt results for everyone. They can be sorted by name, grade, start time, finish time, time take, etc. You can also set up groups to help drill down to what you need to see.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: Moodle Quiz Setup

by Liz Steele -

Thanks!  That helps and is exactly what we are looking for.  I am happy we will be able to see all attempts.  

Regarding groups. . . I just want to verify. . . are you talking about creating groups for each section of students (i.e. hour 1, hour 2, etc) so the results are easy to sort?  If so, yes we will do that too - or is it something else?