How can I have an 'I Agree' page before the submitting page in the TurnitIn Integration?

How can I have an 'I Agree' page before the submitting page in the TurnitIn Integration?

by roshan kolar -
Number of replies: 11

Hi,

We would like to have a student awareness page, like the "I Agree" button against some rules and regulations on assignment submission. This page would preferably popup when the Upload icon is clicked on the assignment page, and on clicking on the "I Agree" or "I Understand" button it takes the student to the upload feature. Can this be done? 

This would involve a pop-up page between the assignment page and the file upload feature. I'm not sure how to go along with this, and if someone could guide me through the steps, it would be really great.

How I would want it to look : A Graphical representation

1. Student clicks on the upload icon from the assignment page.

Assignment Page

2. Student see's the Rules and Regulations page (This is the page I will be needing)

3. Student agrees/clicks the button after reading the regulations and gets here

Rest of the stuff happens as normal. 
Hope this clearly clarifies what I actually need. I'm not sure if this is entirely possible, but would love to know more about it. Thanks a lot in advance.

Roshan Kolar
Moodler from Oman

Average of ratings: -
In reply to roshan kolar

Re: How can I have an 'I Agree' page before the submitting page in the TurnitIn Integration?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello there. I have no experience of Turnitin but you can require that students agree to a submission statement with any assignment -would that help? Please see the section 6.2 Require students accept the Submission statement in the  Assignment settings documentation.

In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: How can I have an 'I Agree' page before the submitting page in the TurnitIn Integration?

by roshan kolar -

Hi Mary,

Thanks for that. That's something I was looking for. Now I followed the support document. I edited the existing rule a bit in the Admin-plugins-activity-assignments (I left the "Require that students accept the submission statement" checkbox checked). However, when I tried uploading something as a student into the assignment activity, I don't see any kind of submission statement. I should be actually seeing something like this

I tried creating multiple assignments (online text and upload type) but it the submission statement work in neither of those. Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thanks.

Regards,
Roshan

In reply to roshan kolar

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Did you check the box in the actual assignment settings as well?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by roshan kolar -

I couldnt find anything related to it in the assignment settings. Looked above and beyond for it. I'm not sure if my installation is the issue. It's seemed like an easy go.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by roshan kolar -

Hi Mary,

Does it work flawlessly with your moodle setup?
We are actually working on a demo site, which should actually work fine, but next week we are going to update our running moodle version. I will give it a try that time and lets see if it works then. 

Looks like its working fine for everyone else. sad

Cheers!

In reply to roshan kolar

by Mary Cooch -

I haven't used the Turnitin assignment so I can't comment on that but you can see the requirement of a submission statement in use if you try it out on our Sandbox site demo.moodle.net or else  you can view an assignment with a submission statement as a student on our School demo site if you log in as student (username) and moodle (password) and click on Accept a submission statement

In reply to Mary Cooch

by roshan kolar -

Got the killer!!

This option works for the default assignment and not Turnitin assignments. sad
Now I really need help. 

Cheers!

In reply to roshan kolar

by Mary Cooch -

I think that is what Adam suggested earlier on in this thread.

In reply to roshan kolar

by Adam Barbary -

Turnitin behaves differently depending on which plugin you have.  

As an alternative, have you thought of using conditional release? You could hide the submission area until the student agreed to a statement by clicking the manually completed box at the end of a label. (or other aactivity). Once agreed the submission link would appear.

Just a thought. 

In reply to Adam Barbary

by roshan kolar -

Hi Adam,

That's going to be my last resort. 

I have had that in mind, in case the Submission statement doesn't work as planned. I'm not sure if other have tried this and failed too.

In reply to roshan kolar

by John McGettrick -

Hi Roshan,

In the Turnitin Assignment 2 settings area you can set a custom Disclaimer/Agreement. Any student will then have to check a box to confirm that they agree with that before they can submit. This is in addition to a user having to accepting our EULA on their first submission.

Regards

John