Hide future weeks (sections) and automatically open this weeks section - New feature?

Hide future weeks (sections) and automatically open this weeks section - New feature?

av Dean Leggo -
Antall svar: 2

Using the Weekly format I want all future weeks to be hidden and not accessible. But the weekly format only highlights the current week and the students can access all weeks. trist I could manually hide future weeks and then open the next week each Monday, but I think this completely defeats the purpose of the weekly format.

I would like to have an option to hide all future weeks and when the week changes Moodle would automatically open the new week.

If people like this feature can you please vote on this issue (it's an old issue) smiler

MDL-20093 - Hide future course sections from students (weeks course format)

Similar problem to an old post, here.

Moodle 2.7.1 (Build 20140714)

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Dean Leggo

Re: Hide future weeks (sections) and automatically open this weeks section - New feature?

av Sakshi Goel -

Hello Dean ,

You can restrict you weekly section to be hidden or visible till certain date. Please refer this doc https://docs.moodle.org/27/en/Restrict_access_settings .

You need to enable conditional access and completion tracking feature in Advanced setting and then at course level .

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering:Useful (1)
Som svar til Dean Leggo

Re: Hide future weeks (sections) and automatically open this weeks section - New feature?

av Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Dean,

Did you try out Moodle format periods, developed by Marina Glancy for Moodle version 2.8 and mentioned in MDL-47516? You can download her plugin from HERE.

With kind regards,

Hartmut