Skype conference calls ....

Re: Skype conference calls ....

by N Hansen -
Number of replies: 6
I suddenly got disconnected, no one could ever hear me, and when I tried to get back in again I had one hell of a time. Martin kept sending me invites but when they opened up in Firefox, the link seemed to be non-working. In the end I cut and pasted the invite link into IE and was able to get back in then, only to find everyone ending the call...

The sound was pretty good as was the video. But it gives me the creeps a bit to see 9 people squirming about on my screen. I prefer no video.
In reply to N Hansen

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think your microphone may not have been working ...
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by N Hansen -
Actually, the problem seems to be something in my computer itself. I just tried the mic on our other computer and it works there. I've used the mic on this computer before to chat through Skype without problems, so I'm not sure what is going on. I'll have my husband look into it when he gets home from work as he is good at solving these sorts of problems.
In reply to N Hansen

by Jean-Marc Loisil -
Well I think that was pretty smooth and not to buggy. The sound was ok as well as the video even with 8 participant (see below). The webcam quality is I think very important. I had a "creative webcam live Pro" (640x480 VGA CMOS sensor) and Louis I think a "Logitech QuickCam® Pro 4000" (640x480 VGA CCD sensor). What were your models ?

vskype
In reply to Jean-Marc Loisil

by Michael Penney -
Is there any tool to record the conference for later viewing?
In reply to Jean-Marc Loisil

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
I use a DV camera (panasonic GS22) as a webcam and discovered after the gather in the vskype forums that DV-camera's aren't supported (yet), only USB camera's. So that's why you were all saved from seeing me boosaardig