PoodLL question type no audio link

PoodLL question type no audio link

by Yvonne van Lingen -
Number of replies: 9

Hi all

When using the the PoodLL question type to record audio, there's only a picture saved in the answer, but there's no link to the audio file.

I've the latest version of the plugin, including the filter. PoodLL recording is working properly in other contexts in my Moodle site.

I've compared my settings to the PoodLL demo site, but can't find a clue.

Can anybody help?

Thanks, Inge

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Yvonne van Lingen

Re: PoodLL question type no audio link

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was out of town. I am not aware of anybody having similar problems, so I think it is something specific to your settings or situation.

Can you confirm that the question response types is indeed set to "audio" or "audio mp3"?

Is this true of all the PoodLL recording questions, or just this one? Does the problem occur also if you create a new PoodLL recording question?

Justin

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Yvonne van Lingen -

Hi Justin

Thanks for replying.

Yes, the audio type is set to mp3 and I've set up a few questions in two courses and they all have the same output. It happens in all browsers and also on  other computers than mine...

I've spent some time today trying to solve this problem, but no results so far. The only thing I found out is that if the download link is activated, I can save or open the mp3. So, there's a file converted and uploaded.

Thanks,

Inge

by Justin Hunt -

I wonder if you are experiencing "double filtering?" That is when PoodLL turns an audio link into a player, but then another filter sees that player and tries to turn it into another player or a glossary link, or something.

To test this, turn off all the filters temporarily that turn things into links. So that would be glossary auto linking, Activity name auto linking, Turn urls into images and links, etc.

Does that make a difference? If so. Try altering the order in which those filters operate to see if you could find the right sequence. Or consider turning off the problem filter.

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Yvonne van Lingen -

Hi Justin,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I've just turned off all filters, purged caches, and there's no change at all! It seems like the filters have no effect on the output in the answers.

I created new answers in more courses and the picture keeps coming back.

Inge

by Justin Hunt -

That is  a player splash image. We use that in PoodLL to defer the loading of the complete flash player until the user clicks the image. It should play when clicked (after the page has fully loaded). Does it play? Of course the PoodLL filter needs to be enabled.

You can turn it off in the PoodLL filter settings and the full player will always load straight away. The setting is called "Show Simple Audio Splash"

Justin

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Yvonne van Lingen -

Hi Justin,

Yes, it's the splash image, but there's no link. Nothing happens if you click on it. The complete flash player loads properly at other parts of my Moodle site.

I disabled the Audio Splash and now the answer is just empty, though you can download the mp3 file:

Thanks,

Inge

by Justin Hunt -

Ok, it is clearer now. This happens sometimes when either

i) there is a double filtering type of problem
OR
ii) the Moodle caching is messing things up

OR

iii) there is some javascript error on the page.

if you send me a private message, I can login and look at it. But one thing I would do if your Moodle is prior to 2.7 is go to 

Site administration -> plugins -> filters -> common filter settings and set "text cache lifetime" to none.

Failing that I would again check disabling the other filters didn't make the image clickable or the player load

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Yvonne van Lingen -

Hi Justin

Thanks for replying again!

I'm running the very latest version of Moodle 2.7.

But, I've just solved the problem. It was the 'Use Slash Arguments' (server/http). This box was not checked. When I checked it, the flowplayer popped up!

Thanks again!

Inge

by Justin Hunt -

Cor, I wouldn't have thought of that. Good work. Thanks for reporting back.