Duplicate a Cohort

Duplicate a Cohort

by Sam Geppi -
Number of replies: 6

I want to UNenroll a cohort from a course, and it seems the best way to do it is delete the cohort, but then I want to also keep them enrolled in another course.. anyway, I just want to duplicate the cohort, with the same members. 

How do I do that?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Geppi

Re: Duplicate a Cohort

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
There is a difference between deleting a cohort enrollment method and deleting the cohort itself. If you want to remove the cohort enrollment from the course, you must delete that enrollment method. It does not have any effect on the cohort or on cohort enrollment methods in other courses. If the cohort isn't enrolled in the other course, you just add the cohort enrollment method to that course.
In reply to Melanie Scott

by Sam Geppi -

"There is a difference between deleting a cohort enrollment method and deleting the cohort itself"

I understand that.

" If you want to remove the cohort enrollment from the course, you must delete that enrollment method."

That is not my intention. I have a cohort that is enrolled in 2 courses and I want to delete THAT cohort for one of the class. That same class has another cohort already enrolled. So I do not want to delete that as "a method". I want to delete 1 cohort for one course.

"If the cohort isn't enrolled in the other course, you just add the cohort enrollment method to that course"
I think I answered this already.

I would like to just delete that cohort, but then it would also be deleted fro the other courses where it / they are enrolled. So, duplicating it, the only re-enrolling it in the one I want seems the easiest solution. OR UNenrolling it from the other course

In reply to Sam Geppi

by Sam Geppi -

So, does anyone know if this (seemingly simple) function is possible?

I want to duplicate an existing cohort.

Thanks 

In reply to Sam Geppi

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello there. I am sorry to sound a bid dim but, like Melanie, I don't quite understand your problem, even though I know you have patiently explained it: -) This is what I understand so please correct me where I have gone wrong:

• You have a cohort which we will call Cohort A and you have two courses, course 1 and course 2.
  • You have enrolled Cohort A into course 1 and also course 2.
  • Now you want to remove Cohort A from course 1 but you still want it to remain in course 2.
  • So, as Melanie says, if you go into course 1 and you click on Course administration>Users>enrolment methods and delete Cohort A, then the students from there will no longer be enrolled in course 1
  • Nothing will change in course 2. Cohort A students will still be enrolled in course 2.

What are you trying to do which is different from this?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sam Geppi -

You are right! ,.. Sorry, I did not read her answer correctly.

You guys are great!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Christine Healey -

Phew! Just realised that, whilst enrolling a cohort in a hurry on Monday night, I managed to enrol a cohort belonging to another course entirely. As usual, the Moodle Forums saved my bacon.

Thanks, everyone