Updated FontAwesome Icon Filter with New Icons.

Updated FontAwesome Icon Filter with New Icons.

by Usman Asar -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Recently FontAwesome has been upgraded with version 4.2 with 40 new icons, therefore who have been using the Filter FontAwesome (Originally Created by Julian, can be found on this link https://moodle.org/plugins/view.php?plugin=filter_fontawesome) can download the updated version clicking HERE.

This time I have updated the version number from 2.0 to 4.2 (as equal to FontAwesome's version), and this is NOT a drop in replacement therefore will upgrade the database.

Please as well bare in mind, the filter ONLY works if your theme is supporting the FontAwesome where currently supported themes are Elegance and Essential.

Essential 2.7.6b has just been upgraded by David few hours back, so new icons will only show with Updated theme with new FontAwesome. I am unsure about Elegance, but upcoming version of Essential is updated for sure.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Usman Asar

Re: Updated FontAwesome Icon Filter with New Icons.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Nice one Usman.

I updated Shoehorn to FA 4.2.0 today too: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_shoehorn - still in beta but hopefully stable soon.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Usman Asar -

Gareth, Thanks for update, there must be few more themes using FontAwesome, but Essential being the HOTTEST of the downloads in stats, therefore the only thing came into my mind was that. I am sure there must be thousands using the shoehorn as well as your plug-ins do make the top of the charts every month wink

In reply to Usman Asar

by Danny Wahl -

great work!  and Elegance 2.7.1 has FA 4.1

what would happen if your filter is installed?  I am assuming that only new icons would be unavailable correct?

elegance master now has 4.1:

https://github.com/thedannywahl/moodle-theme_elegance/commit/0f7b942ed03d91819c66a43cb6bcaee75cde898b

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Usman Asar -

Danny, if the theme has old version of FA installed (say 4.1) then filter will only show icons available up-to that  version. newer icons wont show up (happened to me, thats why I requested upgrading the themes).

for Plug-in adoption, I will surely have a look into it thanks, but as I have only updated the fonts and bit of code, rest the credentials (I believe it was yours as well besides Julian's) remains intact, and as I am not sure whether this filter remain working on upcoming versions, its then I will have trouble maintaining it as I still have to gain competency in use of scripts/languages to do small jobs smile if meanwhile anyone wants to upload this to plug-in, feel free to update.

In reply to Usman Asar

by Danny Wahl -

Usman, one more thought - why not take over the development of the plugin via the Plugins Adoption Programme then you can put your updated version directly in the repository- I know I would appreciate it as our policy is to only install plugins from the repo.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Julian Ridden -
I would love it if you would pick up the filter Usman. Would be great to see it continue to live on!

Julian