grid course format - colour settings not changing

grid course format - colour settings not changing

by Jann I -
Number of replies: 4

I downloaded Gareth's fabulous grid course format plugin from  https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=6635

It installed fine on my Moodle site.  

At point of installation, I customised some colours for the icon display spaces. 

I then discovered after I installed the plugin, my site layout was affected.  I am using More theme and have used front-end CSS customisation to display blocks left hand side and main display centre /right hand side.  The grid format uses a different display, so it somehow overwrote my More theme setting and displayed blocks left, centre, and right.  

I corrected the CSS using the More theme settings (putting the layout back to how I had it). 

I have since tried to change the colours  in the grid format settings using  Site Administration > Plugins > Course format > Grid format.  The changes aren't sticking. 

Does anyone have any idea what I need to do?

I'm using Moodle version 2014051200.05   Release 2.7+ (Build: 20140605)  More theme 

Jann I

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jann I

Re: grid course format - colour settings not changing

by Jann I -

Oops forgot to mention, the Grid version is Release 2.7.1.3

In reply to Jann I

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jann,

The Grid format uses its own completely separated set of styles from core, so there should be no conflicts whatsoever.  It does not even go near the blocks 'aside' tag CSS or indeed 'side-pre' / 'side-post' type classes.  So I highly doubt that the assertion "somehow overwrote my More theme setting" is true.

Screen shots would be very helpful in understanding the issue - all that you can create.  Also, does the issue happen without your More theme customisations?  What are your customisations?

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

RE: "Site Administration > Plugins > Course format > Grid format." colours not sticking.

Ok, this area sets the colours for new courses / applied when courses have their 'Image container style' reset.  This is because they are 'global' and thus any existing courses will keep their settings and not get the global settings until their 'Image container style' is reset in the course settings.  This is because there is 'intent', the course creator etc. intended those colours on creation and thus should not be changed by the global settings unless desired by them or an administrator.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Jann I -

Thanks so much Gareth !   I see now that the 'image container style' can be reset in course settings, and the format for background, highlight, etc can be amended.

Many, many thanks

Jann I