Mobile app - user not found in database

Re: תשובה ל: Re: Mobile app - user not found in database

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

it seems that you've installed the local_mobile plugin but you haven't enable it, you have to go to Plugins / Web Services/ Services and then edit the service and check the "Enable" option

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Christopher Do -

Hi Juan

I ran in the same problem. Would you please help take a look? I use Moodle 3.0.

Thank you and Best regards,

Christopher

In reply to Christopher Do

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Cristopher,

please, contact the mobile team via mobile@moodle.com providing a test user account for your site.

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Christopher Do -

Hi Juan

I tried some settings you mentioned here

https://docs.moodle.org/29/en/Moodle_Mobile_additional_features#Enable_authentication_for_sites_using_SSO_methods_.28like_SAML.2C_Shibboleth_and_CAS.29

Then tried creating a test account for student, tested it and was able to login the app; but I wasn't able to login using existing accounts that were created before the change.

I will try some more tests before contacting the team. Thank you Juan.

Christopher

by Christopher Do -

Hi Juan

I realize that the newly created user can log in, but the users created before can not log in. 

Christopher,

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

is there any difference between the old and new users?

For example, the authentication method, etc...?

Can you compare an old user with a new user in the user table in the data base to see if there is any difference in the user fields?

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by funmi ozoh -

Hello,

I have a similar issue. My site uses external database authentication and it works fine but when i try to connect from the mobile app, it gives the error "user not found in database". I noticed that the only users that cannot connect to the database are those with "db" in the auth field and "not cached" in the password field.

Please how can i work around this

Thanks

In reply to funmi ozoh

by Juan Leyva -

Hi,

Check that the ADOdb debug option is disabled if you are using the external database auth or enrolment plugin. (In Plugins > Authentication > External database and in Plugins > Enrolment > External database).

Review the FAQ if still does not work https://docs.moodle.org/31/en/Moodle_Mobile_FAQ

Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Salman Zaidi -

Hi Juan

I am facing problem in external db authentication. I have setup every thing according to  document. Here is my detail:

1. Windows 10 64 bit

2. PHP 5.6 Installed

3. Moodle 3.1

4. I have configured MS SQL Server driver dlls for php 5.6 and tested them via phpinfo.php

5. I made odbc DSN tested it from there succuessfully.

6. But when i set up in external db plugin it gives me error

Warning: odbc_connect(): SQL error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified, SQL state IM002 in SQLConnect in C:\xampp\apps\moodle\htdocs\lib\adodb\drivers\adodb-odbc.inc.php on line 66

(odbc_mssql): SET CONCAT_NULL_YIELDS_NULL OFF  

Warning: odbc_exec() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in C:\xampp\apps\moodle\htdocs\lib\adodb\drivers\adodb-odbc.inc.php on line 542
IM002: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
lmp64: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Cannot connect the database.

Can you please guide or help what thing i have missed out.  thanks