course completion not working

Re: course completion not working

by Kay Mo -
Number of replies: 7

Hello all

I had a similar issue: all activities completed but the course completion did not update accordingly and was showing 0 activities completed.

It was a brand new install and the problem got fixed as soon as the Moodle's cron job  setup was completed.

We ran it first on the command line and then every ninute using the Cpanel cron job console as explained here:

https://docs.moodle.org/33/en/Cron_with_Unix_or_Linux

... and  that's it: the course completion status is now updated as completed automatically as expected!

Thanks for pointing to the Cron issue.

In reply to Kay Mo

by Joanne Kirby -

Hi I'm very new to moodle and with the help from this forum I've been able to resolve most of issues except one.

I have a similar issue as previously described, I'm running on the MoodleCloud, so I am not sure whether I can access the cron-job to change it or run it - it appears to be blocked off.   

My activities are all saying they are completed, and the dashboard is saying 100% but one of my courses is not moving across to the Past tab.   

I have 2 courses the exact same setting both have 100% complete all flags are ticked, but one has moved to the Past tab and one has not.   

I have checked that the cron-jobs are running but there is no movement into the past tab.

Both courses have weighted scaling on the grade book.

I'm running the test under a student login.

Does anyone have any ideas.

Any settings I need to look at - I've looked at everything else mentioned in the forum.  It is just strange one works and the other does not.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joanne
Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.39.40 AM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.42.41 AM.png
In reply to Joanne Kirby

by Joanne Kirby -

a few additional images FYI

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.32.51 AM.png
Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 9.32.59 AM.png
In reply to Joanne Kirby

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

The past tab is populated by end date of the course, not completion.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Joanne Kirby -

Thanks so much for your feedback.

With my course I actually don't have an end date as my students are generally new employees in a business and they could start at any point and end at any point so I have had to leave the End Date open.  I've attached the screen print below - I'm assuming this is the course end date that your referring too.

Any other suggests

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-12 at 3.49.38 PM.png
In reply to Joanne Kirby

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

But have you checked the Embedded Movies course - I would bet it does have an end date...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Joanne Kirby -

Hi Emma

Thanks so much for the response - are you referring to the below screen?

As both my courses don't have the Date enabled for all of my URL links, score files etc.

Is there another setting I'm not aware of?

Attachment Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 11.40.40 AM.png
In reply to Joanne Kirby

by Emma Richardson -

No, you said that the embedded movies course had moved to the past tab, I was just wondering if it did in fact have a course end date?