short answer questions in Moodle 2.6

short answer questions in Moodle 2.6

by Kimerly Wilcox -
Number of replies: 0

First - is there a way to have upper/lowercase ignored in the Lesson tool (as can be done in the quiz tool)?

Next - I have selected the option to use regex in a short answer question. However, every time an answer containing a wild card (*) is entered, no feedback is provided - it just jumps to the next unseen question or the next content page, if the unseen questions are exhausted.  The same thing happens if an incorrect answer is entered. The only time the feedback is seen is if a correct answer without a wildcard is entered.

So, for example:

• If the answer option is *limate, and the student enters climate, no feedback appears.
  • If the answer option is Organism*, and the student enters Organisms, no feedback appears.
  • If the answer option is Vegetation, and the student enters Vegetation, feedback appears.
  • If the answer option is Vegetation, and the student enters vegetation, no feedback appears.

Does anyone have any answers that will make this work properly (and ignore case)?

I have been testing this by switching my role to Student; would it work properly if I actually logged in as a student?

Thanks.

Kim Wilcox

Average of ratings: -