Why don't Glossaries alphabetize numbers?

Re: Why don't Glossaries alphabetize numbers?

by Joseph (Len) Kamiensky -
Number of replies: 0

Joseph,

Thank you for your reply.  It is the easiest solution.  Three points.

(1) I thought of doing things that way (previous solution below current puzzle) but when you come to a KENKEN type puzzle (which has to be jpeg) you then wind up taking up maybe 4 inches vertical screen space.  (Our school admin insists Calendar be 1st or 2nd and our Moodle admin keeps us to ONE side column.)

(2)  Initially, the problem was that a003 did NOT follow a004 unless it had been uploaded into the glossary right after a003.  I had assumed it would. Now, as I understand things, it will.  (( I would upload a batch and when I looked in the glossary, of course they were listed in proper order.  That was never the problem.  Moodle displaying them in proper alphanumerical order was the problem.))

(3) IF you ask the glossary to 'update' or 'change' (whatever the choice word is) every day, THEN I assume it's every 24 hours whenever that witching hour is (EST, GMT or whenever), so if one glossary is started on the 28th and the solutions started on the 29th at that same time that should be it -- until, of course, there's a power failure of some sort.

Thank you, again.  When there's a lull in the chaos, I'll give it another try.

Len Kamiensky