Filepicker in all contexts

Filepicker in all contexts

by Sebastien Jaffredo -
Number of replies: 5

In some contexts, Moodle blocks file uploading, therefore disabling filepicker (or the Nanogong button in TinyMCE in you have that filter installed).

Examples of such contexts:

- comments to an answer in a quiz (mod/quiz/comment.php)

- grade editing page (grade/edit/tree/grade.php).

Is there a way to circumvent this restriction to allow file upload form the text editor in any context ?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Sebastien Jaffredo

Re: Filepicker in all contexts

by Russ H -

I was unable to locate any other threads on this topic. Does anyone know if an answer has been provided? We would like to allow graders to use PoodLL to provide verbal feedback on spoken assignments in order to keep the modality of input somewhat consistent.

Thanks!

In reply to Russ H

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

@Russ - It would help to know more about what you mean by spoken assignment.

@Sebastien - I know this is way late, but as an alternate work around, I send audio directly to a student by using a combination of the Dialogue plugin, PoodLL filter, and the PoodLL Anywhere tools for the Atto editor. Works great.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sebastien Jaffredo -

Hi Al, Hi Russ,

Somehow I got unsubscribed from this thread so I missed your answer.

I just upgraded form 2.5 to 3.1. I replaced the old Nanagong with Poodll in the process and I was kinda hoping that the Poodll Anywhere buttons would show in these contexts, but it appears wishful thinking does not always work.

I don't know about the dialogue plugin, I'll have a look at it.

I created a tracker on this issue:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-57824

Check it out and vote for it if you're still interested in this issue.

Cheers

Sébastien

In reply to Sebastien Jaffredo

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Sébastien,

When you install the PoodLL filter and the PoodLL Anywhere plugin for either Atto or TInyMCE, you must manually go add poodll to the Atto and TinyMCE Toolbar config setting areas. Go to Administration > Site administration > Plugins > Text editors > Atto HTML editor > Atto toolbar settings. In the included picture, you can see I have added a whole new poodll section with the Anywhere tools, the Generico filter, the Snippet plugin, and the Preview plugin grouped there.

I missed it in your original post, the file picker is disabled in those places where uploading a file is not permitted. To make it possible, you would have to re-write core code in those places.

In reply to AL Rachels

by Sebastien Jaffredo -

Hi

Thanks for the answer. Actually Justin the Poodll guy just gave me a way to solve this. Here's his answer:

You need to install the Poodll Assignment feedback plugin. Then you can select that in the assignment settings as a feedback type.

I installed it but haven't tested it yet.