My latest article for teachers and IDs: Free and low-cost Moodle hosting options

Re: My latest article for teachers and IDs: Free and low-cost Moodle hosting options

by Floyd Saner -
Number of replies: 1

I run Moodle 1.9 up through 2.7 on Bluehost shared servers.  However, I don't recommend a shared server for production systems.  I use them only for testing and development purposes.   The main problems are limitations on database connections and server processing power.

My first advice is use a Moodle Partner.  If that is too expensive, use some other hosting company that is familiar with Moodle.  In the end, host it yourself.

And... if you do not use a Moodle Partner, make a contribution to the Moodle Trust Fund.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Floyd Saner

Re: My latest article for teachers and IDs: Free and low-cost Moodle hosting options

by john Simpson -

Most definitely every Moodle user should contribute  to Moodle, once they have a profitable business. It helps Moodle, it helps you and others for Moodle to continue to progress and be the best. And don't forget all the other open source software that is part of Moodle.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)