LOOK & LEARN: How to add marketing spots as a front page topic.

Re: It should look like this...

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Andy,

Sorry I missed this yesterday...

The quick fix for this is as follows:

.empty-region-side-pre.empty-region-side-post #region-main-box,
.empty-region-side-pre.empty-region-side-post #region-main {
  width: 100%;
}

Which you can add to the CSS section of the Morecandy settings page:
Administration > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Morecandy (settings)

Hope this helps?

Mary

.empty-region-side-pre.empty-region-side-post #region-main-box,
.empty-region-side-pre.empty-region-side-post #region-main {
  width: 100%;
}
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Evans

by David Morrow -

Mary - Thank you!

This fixed the problem I had with my slightly customized More theme since 2.9 upgrade ( and a second thanks here for your and Mary's tips). I've tried hitting the "Useful" button multiple times, but only the first one registered.

David

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Morrow

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Thank you David. So glad you found that code useful.

You will be pleased to learn that the problem that caused the narrow display on the frontpage has now been fixed in Moodle. 

As for the Useful button, you can only hit once per comment, but sometimes I think it's more a problem with the device you use for reading forum posts...a bit hit and miss!

Cheers

Cheers      C

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by David Morrow -

Mary,

I should have included a smiley face - I was just looking for a way to make my feedback something beyond the normal "Useful" rating.

We need a button that says, "Incredibly useful and just what I needed right now!", because that really describes how helpful your information was for me.

Another question - I should remove the added CSS when we do upgrade from 2.9.1 to 2.9.2, right?

Thanks!

David

In reply to David Morrow

by Mary Evans -

Hi David,

There have been other discussions about the 'Useful' rating. The thing is, in this and other forums, that we get rated for the help we give and that rating is important, because it goes towards an award for a new Badge each year. So the rating category is not that important as it is only a counter.

What we could do with are more emoticons, the ones we have are a little jaded.

As for deleting the CSS you added it all depends on what it was you were fixing. If something I told you to do then most probably it is fixed in 2.9.2.

Anyway thanks for the kind words and encouragement. heart

Cheers

Mary

PS: Sorry I forgot what this discussion was about...yes the layout has been fixed in 2.9.1 I update mine every week so I'm not all together sure now which version it is in. However 2.9.2 is definitely working OK.