Staff Development in Moodle | Zero to Moodle in 120 minutes

Staff Development in Moodle | Zero to Moodle in 120 minutes

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 2

This is probably not the best place to post.

I've been long interested in the best ways to approach staff development in the many wide contexts we find Moodle in.

I've just tweaked (yet again) my basic offering.  I have oscillated between 80pp handbooks. and a bit more minimalist.  This one is only 10, designed to go with another reference of about 50 pages.

I tried to attach this latest effort, but it was too big at 3.2 Meg.  I believe this link to dropbox will work: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t4ehg9w6l6p5b2r/AAB4d847R9lG9Bb8K2U4gaeea  It is a scan with scribbled notes.  It is designed to go with a course with activities in it (to experieince Moodle) and then participatns are promoted to Teacher role and given a section each to work with.

This is Zero to Moodle as a teacher in 120 minutes.  

I stuck in a little on design (Activity L) which I usually like to have another 120 minutes for.  I forgot I had the server set to deny access to profile until enrolled in a course (so activity 3 was dead in the water) and there are glitches in the word file that appear sometimes.

If anyone would like the word file source, I'm happy to fix up the few glitches and upload it as well.

-Derek

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Staff Development in Moodle | Zero to Moodle in 120 minutes

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Derek,

This looks interesting.

Could you write about it in the Moodle Docs page of Moodle Manuals ?

Thanks for the link.

In reply to Germán Valero

Re: Staff Development in Moodle | Zero to Moodle in 120 minutes

by Derek Chirnside -
German, I must have seen this, but I forgot about it.

very out of date, and needs some TLC.

OK, I'll add my notes.

Thanks.

-Derek