glossary interfering with psxlsgen?

glossary interfering with psxlsgen?

by Tom Murdock -
Number of replies: 8
Has anyone had trouble with their grade excel export since glossary? I get this:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 161

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 162

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 163

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lang/en/glossary.php:46) in /home/someword/public_html/moodle/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 164

...until I uninstall the module. Ideas?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Murdock

Re: glossary interfering with psxlsgen?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi.

I've tested excel exports in my installation (with glossaries installed) and everything seems to work fine.

Do you have the latest version of the module ? It could be a problem in the lang/en/glossary.php file (current version in CVS is 1.8, dated 2003/09/23 - you can check it in the first line of it).

Ciao. smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Gustav W Delius -
My suspicion would be that you have an old styles.php in your chosen theme. The way the header is set in those files has changed recently and it has eliminated some strange problems of a similar nature for me.
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Tom Murdock -
ah, the curse of the vanity of the custom theme...it doesn't get updated by cvs.

Thanks!
In reply to Tom Murdock

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

I have this problem without glossaries installed. I tried with the standard theme, same result. I upgraded to 1.1.1, same result.

In this example you can see that there is something like output started... quiz.php:329. It's verry strange, but it is not always the same module that is interferring. I've seen resource also in that line surprise.gif.

Any idea's

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 153

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 154

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 155

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 161

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 162

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 163

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lang/nl/quiz.php:329) in /home/.sites/66/site93/web/elo/lib/psxlsgen.php on line 164

In reply to koen roggemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In this case the fault is your own. smile

You have some blank lines after the ?> in lang/nl/quiz.php tongueout
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators

Some editor probably does that by his own. Why should I place blanc lines at the end of the file ? dead.gif

I 'd thought off that and changed the error on my test-server, but resource.php was also "infected", and that I didn't notice.

Thanks for the quick and precise reaction Martin !

I made the changes in CVS, things should work again.

In reply to koen roggemans

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Oh, yes, it's definitely an editor putting them in ... it's also putting in blank lines between every line which will make some of the Dutch email look strange... what are you using for editing? I recommend the web-based editor in Moodle instead. smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by koen roggemans -

I use ultra-edit.

The webbased editor is fine on a server, installed on the local machine.

I have 3 copies of moodle on my local machine: a copy of the files on the productionserver, a local working version I use for tests or for demonstrationpurpose on places without internetconnection and an up to date copy op the CVS-repository, wich I use to translate on, but is not working. Maybe I should make this version also "alive", so I can use the web-based editor. It might solve the unix-dos file-problem also ?