Pulling from a private glossary

Pulling from a private glossary

by Daniel Williams -
Number of replies: 4

I am very thankful that there is a tool (the random glossary module) to allow random quotes to be presented on the front page. I would like it to display one each day, but I do not want them to have access to the glossary. If I try to hide the glossary then the random glossary block will not pull from it. What can I do?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Williams

Re: Pulling from a private glossary

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are using the current version of Moodle (2.7) you can use the Restrict access settings of the Glossary to prevent it from being displayed, and the Random glossary block will still work.

Joseph

Example:

screenshot #1

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Daniel Williams -

I cannot find that so I think I'm just not looking in the right place. I am running ver. 2.7, but if I open the glossary, and look at the list of options, I see:

• Edit settings
  • Locally assigned roles
  • Permissions
  • Check permissions
  • Filters
  • Logs
  • Backup
  • Restore
  • Import entries
  • Export entries
  • Add a new entry

Under Edit settings, Permissions, and Filters, I don't see a restrict access area.

In reply to Daniel Williams

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

1. Logged in as Admin, go to Site administration►Advanced features ► Enable conditional access and check the box.

2.- In your Glossary, go to your Glossary > Edit settings and Click on the Restrict Access section to Expand it.

screenshot #1

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Daniel Williams -

You are awesome!

Thank you sir. Found, configured, and tested.