No Dates under weeky course format

No Dates under weeky course format

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 7

After installing the newest version of Moodle (on 3 different computers), I can not see any dates on the weekly schedule. All I see is:

November - November

Anyone else with this problem?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: No Dates under weeky course format

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm not seeing it on any of my sites.

Is it possible you've got something wierd in your locale setting?

If those dates aren't working, I suspect all the dates (eg posts etc) wouldn't be working either.

Quite ironic really, you add a calendar and lose the dates! smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Deleted user -

When I use the Forum, I have the same problem. The month and year show up but no date. Oh, I forgot to mention, only installed in XP and Win2000.

Here is an example post:

DATE Test
by Paul Daniels - Sunday, November 2002, 10:01 PM

In reply to Deleted user

by Nabil Sari -
I can confirm the same problem on my win2k machine but works fine when I move the files to my freebsd machine smile
In reply to Deleted user

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Looks like it's a PHP bug on Windows sad

http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=18520

It's funny this hasn't come up before now, since lots of people are running Moodle on Windows. Which version of PHP and Windows are you using?

by Deleted user -
I am using Moodle with PHP 4.2.0 on both Win XP and 2000.
In reply to Deleted user

by Martin Dougiamas -
Well, since it seems this is affecting (or will affect) a lot of people, I'm going to implement a workaround in the next release.

ie: %d instead of %e in the strftime format.

This means that all the dates will be padded with zeros, which is a little less nice looking, but at least it seems to work on Unix and Windows. eg

01 November - 08 November

Before I release a new version with this change, could all of you with this problem try editing course/weeks.php and change any %e to %d wherever you find it? Just to make sure this will fix it.

Cheers,
Martin

by Deleted user -

Win XP and Win 2000 installs

Under course/weeks.php, I changed  %e to %d (only 2 instances) and now I can see the dates OK, that was an easy fix smile  Thanks!