Reminder email not being sent

Reminder email not being sent

by Michelle Eames -
Number of replies: 5

I have face 2 face set uop.  as far as I was aware the remoinder emails were being sent out 2 days before the course.

According to 2 people this has not happened.  To give them the benefit of the doubt (i.e. they just deleted it) I created a fake course and set the reminder days 3 days before so when the fake person books they should have got a reminder email today.

They haven't.  Could I have switched off a setting?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Eames

Re: Reminder email not being sent

by A B -

I can confirm that as well. The reminder email is not working for me too.

I am looking at the issue to see if there is any fix for this.

In reply to Michelle Eames

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Michelle,

After you posted this, I started investigating our setup. We thought messages were going out, but realized that this week's reminders hadn't gone out. I dug into the problem and found out that according to Site Administration > Server > Scheduled tasks one of the legacy cron functions (Legacy cron processing for plugins) had failed. I ran cron manually from the web interface and the command line. It didn't look like either fixed the problem, but then about five minutes later it started working. 

Ours is set to run the cron every minute and it has run for the last 10 minutes without problem. I still don't know what caused it to fail in the first place. If I figure that out, I'll post here again. 

In reply to Jeremy Schweitzer

by Vela Simeonova -

I have a similar problem. When I run command line cron I got error message:

Legacy cron processing for plugins,Program error, should be solved by a programmer: The 'name' value must be set in other"

I am with Moodle 2.7.1 and in scheduled tasks the Legacy cron processing for plugins was previously set to execute every minute, but in the field "Fail delay" there is a number 86400 (not changable) and the task was never been executed. I disable it, but unfortunately there was no cahnge.

My problem is not sending a forum posts by email. The message in Site Administration->Notifications "The cron.php maintenance script has not been run for at least 24 hours." stays and makes me troubles.

Debian 6.3, Apache2, PHP - 5.4.31, MySQL - 5.5.38 

I would be very greatfull if any help!

Vela