Enrolling users to courses

Enrolling users to courses

by Tyrone Knight -
Number of replies: 3

Dear all,

I am still quite new to Moodle, and about to start a trial year with a handful of tutors / courses and their students.

But I am struggling to find a simple way of bulk enrolling students to their course areas. With other VLE's i just upload a csv file, in a certain format and all is good.

I have seen that i can enrol singular students, or create a flat file. But the flat file seems to need to be added to the backend, and prompted to run via cron (which i am yet to master).

Am i missing anything obvious?

Regards

Ty

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tyrone Knight

Re: Enrolling users to courses

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You can upload users with a csv file.  There is documentation on this in the docs.  The import is found under Admin Settings/users/accounts/upload users.  You can use the csv file to import right into courses and groups.  

In reply to Tyrone Knight

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

See Upload users You can use a csv file not only to upload users new to the site but also to enrol existing users into courses - from within Moodle as Emma says.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Tyrone Knight -

Hi

Thank you both, so there is little risk in creating duplicates of users doing it this way?

Sounds easier than going through the backend and cron anyway

Regards

Ty