figures in assignments

figures in assignments

by Martin Koops -
Number of replies: 2

I am looking for a way tio include figures in my assignments. I want to ask questions on physics, and drawings are often necessary. the solution I use now is to upload a word file as a source, then have the students study the source and upload their solution to the server. The great problem here is that the connection is very slow (almost as if the computer hangs) when I try to leave the window displaying the word-document.

I would prefer to include the figure in the assignement itself and ask the student to respond by uploading the solution. The student would not have to open different links to understand what to do.

Is there anyone who has a solution for these problems?

kind regards,

Martijn Koops

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Koops

Re: figures in assignments

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
First upload your figure to the file area. Say it is called "figure.jpg" and is not in a subdirectory.

Now set up your assignment. Important Bit... choose "Wiki Format" from the Formatting drop down.

You can put your text in as usual, but where you want the figure, enter...

/figure.jpg(Example Figure)

...the stuff in the brackets is actually the tag alt text. This will make the figure appear inline in the text.

Hope this helps.

BTW: Wiki formatting can also be used as an ordinary Resource, and done this way you get a full help page for it.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: figures in assignments

by Martin Koops -

Howard,

trhanks for the answer. i tried it and I could get a picture indeed. Now I have al lot of tags in the text. I wrote the wiki-code with the editor in moodle.

What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Martijn