unavailable lessons greyed out

unavailable lessons greyed out

Wendi Daniels - келді
Number of replies: 3
I have several lessons in a sequence. I would like to have the lessons greyed out when not available, without requiring a grade on the post-lesson questions. The only option I see is to set as a prerequisite that they view the course. I have found that I can simply click on all the courses, in order, and they all turn blue, rather than greyed out, even when they are still unavailable. I set the setting "prerequisite lesson > dependent on / time spent", but that does not seem to keep them greyed out. Please advise.
In reply to Wendi Daniels

Re: unavailable lessons greyed out

Mary Cooch - келді
Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Moodle HQ қатысушының суреті Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті Translators қатысушының суреті

I'm not sure you can do this - there are two things going on at the same time here, two differing sets of conditions. If you use Moodle's conditional activities then you can set lessons to be greyed out according to view, date, grade etc as you have observed. Alternatively you can use the lesson prerequsites to restrict access to the second lesson based on time in the first. The lesson prerequisites were around before the conditional activities and are a hangover from that time and isn't connected with them. However... let's see if others have an ideaКүлкі

In reply to Mary Cooch

Wendi Daniels - келді
Mary, the prerequisite settings do not grey out the lessons that are currently unavailable. Is there a way to change that with prerequisite settings?
In reply to Wendi Daniels

Mary Cooch - келді
Documentation writers қатысушының суреті Moodle HQ қатысушының суреті Particularly helpful Moodlers қатысушының суреті Testers қатысушының суреті Translators қатысушының суреті

That's what I meant - the prerequsite settings in the lesson module settings do not grey out the subsequent lessons - because they are not part of the "conditional activities" settings that Do do the greying out and hiding; they are two differently designed entities, hence why I don't think you can do it. (Unless I have misunderstood you) You can grey out subsequent lessons based on the first lesson being viewed or having a grade, but not on a certain amount of time being spent on it.