Peoplesoft/Moodle integration

Peoplesoft/Moodle integration

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 9

Does anyone have their Moodle talking to Peoplesoft?

Is it easy?  Are there any good links to material on this?

-Derek
Christchurch, New Zealand

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Peoplesoft/Moodle integration

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I don't think there's going to be a "one-size fits all" approach for Peoplesoft - the way different organisations implement it can have a big effect on how you pull data out. Lincoln Uni has an integration with Peoplesoft based around custom scripts that are run manually and some scripts that populate ldap with group information.

We do have some good local chch resource for peoplesoft with Lincoln and UC using it (UC don't use it for enrolments) - I've also done a few peopletools and peoplecode courses with Oracle but I'm really rusty!

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by NPV Corporation -

Hello  Chris,

Like Derek we are also interested in integrating Peoplesoft with our Moodle installation in manner similar to what you did at the University. We want to be able to push or pull new user data and create those users in Moodle, enroll them in classes e.t.c We are new to Peoplesoft and any tips and pointers would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Nick

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by masatyo bawono -

Hi Chris,

I am curious, for moodle/peoplesoft integration your system is able to create user, course, and enrolment. Is it able to transfer grades from moodle to peoplesoft too?

Thank you,

Masatyo

by Adam Barbary -
Hi Derek,

At Federation University we utilise IMS Enterprise to handle the course and account creation and course memberships for staff and students. We do a nightly dump of both Moodle and Campus DBs for a semester and compare the differences on an intermediary server. A list of changes is then created and fed by IMS Enterprise XML to Moodle. We're currently making a couple of tweaks that will allow for hourly updates. There is likely a more efficient way of linking the systems, but we have a legacy process that was modified from a previous competitor's product, and with the generous help of Dan Marsden, the IMS Enterprise module in Moodle has been kept to a workable level for our needs.

If you're interested in the approach, I can try to convince the DB team to share their wizardry.

Cheers,

Adam

by Harsh Gautam -

Hi Derek,

You had post the Moodle integration with PeopleSoft query some time back. Were you able to get the integration done?

Regards

Harsh Gautam

In reply to Harsh Gautam

by Scott Burnett -

I am also interested in an answer to this.

The state agency I work for is interested in being able to automatically upload employee training records into the files.

Has there been any progress? I have seen a couple of things online, but I am not a programmer so not totally sure of what I am reading.

by Phil Nicholls -

Hi,

If you mean this sort of thing:

Check out: http://www.psydev.com/?page_id=697

My old company built this, and it was commercial, but the product has since been acquired by an open source development company so the terms may be different now.

Phil