change styling collapsed topics format

change styling collapsed topics format

by Hugo Schouppe -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I try to change the styling of the collapsed topics format. I have read the documentation but cannot figure out how to do:

1. Remove the ">> Open all - close all" heading above the topics. From Firebug, I can see that the element has an id of #toggle-all. Setting the style to display: none; does not hide the element. Setting the margin for example is however possible.

2. Set the background-color of the topics to transparent. In the settings page of the format, you can change this background colour by choosing the colour or entering a 6-digit hexcode. Is it possible to set this to transparent? (hexcode FFFFFF gives white).

3. In the documentation, I see a reference to a config.php and a styles.css file of this plugin. Where can you find this file?

Help appreciated. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hugo Schouppe

Re: change styling collapsed topics format

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Hugo,

Assuming version 2.7.1.2 and Moodle 2.7:

1. This has to be done in code by removing line 543 in /course/format/topcoll/renderer.php, being:  echo $this->toggle_all();
  2. This is not currently possible but is a nice idea which would take time to implement.  Would you care to fund it or would others want it crowdfunded?
  3. They are in the /course/format/topcoll folder.

The documentation is a little out of date and I as of yet not found the time to improve it.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Hugo Schouppe -

Thank you. Maybe I can help with the documentation.

In reply to Hugo Schouppe

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Hugo,

Oh please do, anybody can create an account and update the documentation smile.

Cheers,

Gareth