GRADER REPORT UPDATE BUTTON GREYED OUT

GRADER REPORT UPDATE BUTTON GREYED OUT

by Diane Salamone -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I was adding some grades to my gradebook and now the update button is greyed out.  I tried logging out and on again, but sit is still the same.  Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

In reply to Diane Salamone

Re: GRADER REPORT UPDATE BUTTON GREYED OUT

by Mark McKay -
Hi Diane,

You could try turning off AJAX in your Preferences. I seem to recall there was an issue related to this.

Mark
In reply to Mark McKay

by Sam Mudle -

Hi Diane,

You could try turning off AJAX in your Preferences. I seem to recall there was an issue related to this.

Mark

Isn't the reason that the UPDATE button is disabled in grader report is because you don't have to click it since simply entering a grade will automatically push it to the database?

I agree it should at least have a note telling the user that they don't need to press the UPDATE button, otherwise people think you have to press it even if AJAX is on.

Thoughts?

In reply to Sam Mudle

by Paul Nicholls -

I may well be mistaken, but I seem to recall earlier versions of Moodle hiding the "update" button entirely... which resulted in people getting confused because they thought that it had gone missing.  It was therefore added back in, but disabled - in the hopes that it would be more intuitive to those users who were confused by its absence; evidently, it'd benefit from some kind of inline explanation (even just a brief one attached to a help icon/button) as it's still not entirely clear to everyone.

In reply to Mark McKay

by Jason Touw -

Hi Mark,

I was reading this old post and I have a new, but perhaps related, question.  What is the function of AJAX?

I just upgraded to Moodle v3.0.3+.  The Grader Report is greyed out, and AJAX is turned on.  However, I don't mind because the grades are saving the instant I type them.  So all I am doing is moving the cursor to a line item to grade, typing in the grade and once I tab to the next line, it seems to be saved.  I tried closing the browser, moving to other pages, etc. and when I go back to the grader report, the data is there without ever clicking SAVE.

I'll admit, the cursor moves a little slow, but I was wondering the functionality of AJAX.  

In reply to Jason Touw

by Mark McKay -

Enabling AJAX disables the save button and instead saves each time you move from cell to cell.