learning space 5 -> moodle

learning space 5 -> moodle

David Hammond - келді
Number of replies: 0
we are currently looking at moving from Lotus LS5 across to Moodle.

The main reason is price. We have already paid for LS4 and LS5 and now we need to pay again for LMS. No doubt next year there will be a LMS 2 etc etc.

Other reasons are hardware requirements, moodle has been shown to scale well and with much less grunt at its disposal.

We dont use the collaboration part of Learningspace, just the core component, so it is really overkill for what we need.

SO, we are working through what needs to be done, we have setup a server and we would like to create some courses so we can show the boss.

Our main issue at the moment is importing the course structure from ls5 into moodle. We really dont want to manually create all the pages again so we are hoping we can automate it to some extent.

In learningspace the structure is:

-course
----topic
-------activity

in moodle we can create category, sub cateogry and courses so the hierachy allows us to have the same breakdown of content.

In learningspace, when I move courses between servers I do an AICC export to a file. I can then import the file via the admin interface and all my courses are there.

Is there any way I can do something similar in Moodle?

Has anyone upgraded from LS5 -> moodle and overcome this obstacle?

cheers!