Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by Dixie Harrison -
Number of replies: 6
Moodle 1.5+
Mandrake 10.1
Apache 2.0.53
mySQL 4.1.10

The quiz is marked in "After the Quiz is closed" for responses, scores, feedback, and answers.

After the quiz is closed, when the student reviews the quiz, though the answers they marked are showing, the correct answers are not highlighted. (As near as I can tell, the correct answers aren't being marked to highlight.) The instructor version has both what the student marked and the correct answers highlighted.

The instructor would like the student's review to have the correct answers highlighted for study purposes. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks in advance!
Dixie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dixie Harrison

Vast: Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by Tiina Tähkä -

I have also the same problem with Moodle 1.5.2. I cannot see the correct answers as a student, instructor or in the preview. In previous version (1.4.3?) correct answer was highlighted in green. I also checked that same error appears also in IE and Netscape.

This error is really annoying because I want my students to practice with random questions.

In reply to Tiina Tähkä

Vast: Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by Tiina Tähkä -
I also checked that the same problem appears also with Later and After. Changing theme to another doesn't solve the problem.
In reply to Tiina Tähkä

Re: Vast: Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by Karl Peltomaa -
Take a look at this discussion http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=27274 and solutions suggested. They helped me to correct this issue.
In reply to Karl Peltomaa

Re: Vast: Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by James Robertson -

Hi Karl,

Have you tried correct answer highlights with only "After Quiz Closes" checked ("Immediately" not checked)?  Correct answer highlights work fine for me with "Immediately" checked (I use it in most of my quizzes), but not if only "Later" or "After Quiz Closes" are checked.  I get the same results with either "Standard" or "StandardWhite" theme.  I do not have any feedbacks defined, so the three feedback boxes are all unchecked.

Thanks,

Jim.

In reply to Karl Peltomaa

Re: Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by Tiina Tähkä -
Thank you!
There seems to be several themes with the same problem.
In reply to Tiina Tähkä

Re: Student review highlight doesn't seem to work

by Julian Sedding -
I have looked into the code that determines which of the options are set and which ones aren't. There was a slight mistake in the logic, which should be the cause for the issue with highlighting of correct responses. I have fixed this in CVS (for 1.5 stable and 1.6 dev). It is still possible that there are issues with some of the themes, however, I doubt that that's the case.

Julian

PS: See also the discussion at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=27274