Date validation issues

Date validation issues

by Ben Owen -
Number of replies: 4

Apologies if this has been answered already but I couldnt find anything via search and couldnt see an exact match in the bug tracker. 

We are using a slightly outdated version of Moodle and the questionnaire plugin (20130627 and 2013062000 respectively) and have recently noticed issues with a date on a questionnaire. Seems that the date entered is being validated to an extent but if a user omits the slashes completely the system will still accept it, so if a user entered 04082014 the data pushed through is 01/01/4082014.

Its only come to light as we are starting to report on the dates and this is throwing things out.

Would the newer versions of the plugin deal with this occurrence?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Owen

Re: Date validation issues

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ben,

Which actual version of Moodle are you using? I've just tried entering a date without slashes and I do get a validation error message, as expected. Tried this on Moodle 2.4 through 2.7.

Which type of database are you using on your Moodle site? (mySql, etc.).

Joseph

screenshot #1

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ben Owen -

Hi Joseph, thanks for having a look.

From the moodle version.php:

$version  = 2013051400.08;

$release  = '2.5+ (Build: 20130627)';

$branch   = '25';

$maturity = MATURITY_STABLE;

DB is mySQL version 5.1.73

It doesnt seem browser specific, have tried on both IE and Chrome.

In reply to Ben Owen

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I really don't know why you are not getting the date validation error message.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Ben Owen -

Thats OK, I typically run into issues that noone else has smile

We need to look at updating moodle core anyway so will update this plugin at the same time, that will perhaps sort the problem.

Thanks for your time though.