Config cache inconsistency detected, resetting caches...

Config cache inconsistency detected, resetting caches...

by Sreenivasula Reddy Dorshala -
Number of replies: 6

When i installed new theme on my 2.7 version moodle, all pages are redirecting to admin/index.php with mesasge  "Config cache inconsistency detected, resetting caches..."  repeatedly.

Can any one have solution for this..

Thanks in advance. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sreenivasula Reddy Dorshala

Re: Config cache inconsistency detected, resetting caches...

by Kevin Froment -

I just had this problem after upgrading to 2.8. I noted that the upgrade deleted the Afterburner theme which was the one I was using.

I fixed the problem by running:

php /var/www/html/admin/cli/purge_caches.php

In reply to Kevin Froment

by Sam Geppi -

I have exactly the same problem with the same theme,  Afterburner

How do I run:

php /var/www/html/admin/cli/purge_caches.php

How do I configure the command?

http://MYSITE/.COM/COURSE/php /var/www/html/admin/cli/purge_caches.php

?? 

thanks

In reply to Sam Geppi

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

You have to run it through terminal (command line) on your server.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Sam Geppi -

thanks

is there another way?

i really do not like running a command line from the server .. as I have many other sites in my business and do not want to reset the caches of all of them. 

there has to be a way to stop this theme from constantly producing  this error..  

so annoying.

In reply to Sam Geppi

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Either switch to clean theme before upgrading so that is what is in the cache, or make sure you include the afterburner theme in your codebase before you run the upgrade.

My understanding is that if your theme is not present, it should default back to clean anyway, but there is obviously some problem with that from your descsription and hopefully what I have suggested above are two possible work arounds.

For your query regarding managing 'many sites', personally my workflow for an upgrade of a production site would be to do everything first of all on a test server, including all the plugins I use. Make sure that core code and all the plugins are updated to the latest stable version and then use THAT as my code base for my production systems.