Did not achieve pass grade bug

Did not achieve pass grade bug

by EdTech Guro -
Number of replies: 4

Hi experts! I'm using Moodle 2.5.x on an Ubuntu LAMP server.

I would like to ask if the case I'm experiencing is a bug. I accessed a course's contents that contains listing of SCORM, quiz, feedback activities that are sequential and requires completion of the previous activity.

I tried taking a quiz as a student and got a perfect score as a result. However, when I checked the listing of activities (that has checkboxes), it says that my quiz 'Did not achieve pass grade' and has an X mark on the checkbox. I tried checking/verifying the feedback messages and it is consistent that my score was really perfect.

Is there a way to verify (in the database), where I can find the value of this checkmark? How? I'm assuming that this would be of boolean value but I'm not sure which table on the database.  The closest that I got in troubleshooting was the line course/view.php line containing the code "$displaysection = $section". I'm having a hard time figuring out the API.

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to EdTech Guro

Re: Did not achieve pass grade bug

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I would start by looking at the grade item and seeing what the passing grade is set at?  Perhaps it was erroneously set at 110% for example or a point value that exceeds the points possible.  You would find this in the grade book under the settings for the quiz item on the categories and items page.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by EdTech Guro -

Hi Emma,

Thanks for replying. I already checked the passing grade details but everything's just normal.

I tried checking the mdl_course_modules_completion table and looked on the completionstate and viewed columns of that particular activity. The completionstate value is 3 and the viewed value is 0.

I'm not sure what the value of 3 means regarding quiz completion states but is it normal that the viewed value is 0? 

I would like to know how the X mark for an activity is being displayed via the database so I can work backwards.

In reply to EdTech Guro

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am presuming that you have checked the completion settings for the activity?  You might try changing those to something different and then back again.  That is what generates the check box.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by EdTech Guro -

I'll try to check it again. However, I tried manually changing the value of completionstate from 3 to 1 (to see what's the effect on the checkbox). The X mark became a checkmark. But when I tried reverting it from 1 to 3, it stayed as a checkmark. Probably there are interconnected database tables to it.