How many users are using a theme?

How many users are using a theme?

by Melissa Benson -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 2.7

1. Is it possible to see how many users are using a certain theme?
  2. What happens when I delete a theme that a user might be using? Will it change automatically to the site default?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melissa Benson

Re: How many users are using a theme?

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Interesting question.  I do not allow students to change the moodle theme.  It is hard enough maintaining one theme, along with its quirks.  I can imagine trying to do this for all of the themes.

Well, the good news is that there are only two themes provided with the standard 2.7. I use a CSS customized MORE theme.

In reply to Melissa Benson

by Danny Wahl -

as to #1- I'm sure there's an SQL query you could run but I don't know it offhand.

as to #2- if you delete a theme and a user (or course) is using it it will revert back to your site default.  If you delete the site default it will revert back to the moodle default (More, I think)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Danny Wahl

by Melissa Benson -

So I logged into phpmyadmin and I was able to see the theme set for courses. I did remove the theme I wanted to and it did in fact go to the default theme. However, it still says the old themes that were set in the database. I don't think this is a big deal but I'm wondering when this would change? How can I change it?