Diagnostic tool

Diagnostic tool

by Di Barnes -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I am looking into the feasibility of creating a diagnostic questionnaire in Moodle.

I would need:

1. An online questionnaire with approximately 25 questions. The questions are multiple choice with scaled answers (1-4).

2. Person A would complete the questionnaire about themselves.

3. Approximately six other people would then answer the same questions about person A.

4. All the data / responses would need to be private.

5. Ideally I would like to generate a report comparing person A's responses against the average of the other peoples' responses.

6. Could the statistics be exportable to Excel?

7. Could I set Moodle to send invitation, reminder, completion emails to respondents and progress report emails to be sent to me?

8. Can I brand the questionnaire?

9. If the above is possible, I would need to use the questionnaire for fairly large numbers, say 100 x person A. Is there a maximum number of times, respondents for this sort of activity? 

Please could you let me know if the above is possible?

Thanks in anticipation.

Di

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Di Barnes

Re: Diagnostic tool

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Di,

1. An online questionnaire with approximately 25 questions. The questions are multiple choice with scaled answers (1-4).

OK

2. Person A would complete the questionnaire about themselves.

OK

3. Approximately six other people would then answer the same questions about person A.

OK

4. All the data / responses would need to be private.

I suppose you mean that respondents B, C...G would know - of course - that they are answering questions about person A, but person A would not know how those 6 other respondents have answered. Yes, that is possible.

5. Ideally I would like to generate a report comparing person A's responses against the average of the other peoples' responses. 6. Could the statistics be exportable to Excel?

Well, you could export all the responses as text/csv and process the data in Excel.

7. Could I set Moodle to send invitation, reminder, completion emails to respondents and progress report emails to be sent to me?

Some of those features are available in Questionnaire.

8. Can I brand the questionnaire?

No idea what this means.

9. If the above is possible, I would need to use the questionnaire for fairly large numbers, say 100 x person A. Is there a maximum number of times, respondents for this sort of activity?

That should be OK.

I suggest you install Questionnaire and start a small-scale test to see for yourself how things work. Could you give us a few examples of what the questions look like?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Diagnostic tool

by Di Barnes -

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your prompt response, I really appreciate it.

I shall liaise with our IT department on Monday.

Best regards,

Di