'Impossible' questions - coding error must be fixed by programmer

'Impossible' questions - coding error must be fixed by programmer

by Russell Thomson -
Number of replies: 9

Hi

Moodle 2.6.3

The problem shows itself because I am unable to import but I have duplicate copies of questions that  have been created and when I try to view one of them I receive the following error.

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: This question is of a type that is not installed on your system. No processing is possible.

Copies of questions have been created that are impossible because some of the obligatory field information is missing.

If I create a question and double click on 'save' I have two copies of the question.

Can anyone help?

Regards

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Thomson

Re: 'Impossible' questions - coding error must be fixed by programmer

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Could you submit a copy of the file you are attempting to import (or at least one that throws this error)

In reply to Marcus Green

by Russell Thomson -

I suppose you mean a backup. I'm trying but it doesn't seem to work. Maybe you need access because I'm not sure I can do it on my own.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Russell Thomson -

Eventually I received this error from the backup

Attachment Screenshot 2014-07-30 10.41.14.png

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ahh, my error, I was thinking of a question import file rather than a backup. Have you got access to where the questions came from so you could produce a question export in xml to post here?

In reply to Marcus Green

by Russell Thomson -

I was editing a question that I had created an hour before and I received this error message.

I suppose it's related.

Attachment Screenshot 2014-07-30 13.24.42.jpg

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Are you sure that you haven't inadvertently deleted a question type.  The error suggests that the question type is not found - what kind of question is this?  

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Russell Thomson -

I didn't delete a question type inadvertantly. This is some other problem because the error I lasted posted came after the creation of a question; the error came during an edit. In addition, if I am ceating a question and double click the question is created twice.  I also have questions that have nothing but a title. Strange.

Regards