Submission Issues

Submission Issues

by Vernellia Randall -
Number of replies: 3

I am checking to see if anyone is having  submission issues. I have one student who says they submitted the assignment. I have no record. I think is a user problem - but I am doing due diligence. Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vernellia Randall

Re: Submission Issues

by Paula Clough -

Vernellia,

I am assuming you are talking about submitting files for assignments. We are not having submission issues. We just upgraded to 2.6.

The most common thing that we find when a student is having submission issues is that they are on a slower connection than they are used to at school and they submit, then get tired of waiting and back out of the browser window or go to another website before it's finished.  I usually ask them, "Did you get the screen that said your submission was successfully submitted?"

cool

by ben reynolds -

You know that you can check the activity reports, right? Participants > click user name > scroll down to Profile  in left side nav bar> Activity reports.

If you don't see the upload for a particular assignment, then the user didn't get that far. 

More likely, the user drags a file into the Attachment space and then never clicks Save.

We haven't had submission problems since 2.2.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Ravi Murugesan -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I teach a lot of first-time e-learners in developing countries who often have connectivity problems. Some of the peer assessors in a Workshop activity recently complained about not being able to download the submissions they'd been allocated.

I've started to advise my students that they should always check if their document has indeed been uploaded after uploading it. I think this is a good practice to follow for any website, not just Moodle.