No more gridext?

No more gridext?

by Anne Krijger -
Number of replies: 4
When trying to set up a Moodle 2.6 environment with the dataform mod installed, I get the following error during plugin upgrade:

Fatal error: Class 'dataformview_gridext_gridext' not found in \mod\dataform\classes\view_manager.php on line 233

I've done a little digging and as far as I can see matrixext was changed into gridext, but that was dropped entirely at some point.

Is there a way to work around this?
Or should some intermediate steps be taken when upgrading the dataform mod?

Thanks in advance,

Anne.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Anne Krijger

Re: No more gridext?

by Itamar Tzadok -

No more gridext since Dataform 2.6.

The gridext type was supposed to give a similar template structure to the Database's list template. In the Database's list template the additional header and footer sections allows for creating a tabular display but can also be used for wrapping the entries with additional content. In Dataform 2.6 this is made much simpler as the View template section provides for an overall layout of the view, and the Entry template ("repeated entry") section is represented in the View template by the ##entries## pattern. So if you need to add things above, under or to the sides of the entries, you can do all that in the View template.

Now, due to limited resources, Dataform 2.6 doesn't fully upgrade earlier versions and any conflicts such as dropped components need to be resolved locally. One possible way to upgrade from gridext views, if you don't have too many instances of this view type, is to recreate them. Another possible approach is to port the existing gridext view type to Dataform 2.6 and continue using it. This may require some development as the API has changed. A third approach is to write a script for converting gridext instances to grid. This shouldn't be too difficult. All you need to do is to take the content of the header section and the footer section in gridext and add it to the View template section around an ##entries## pattern and you will have the same effect. With a bit of extra work you may be able to adjust the existing records in the DB instead of creating new views.

hth smile
In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Anne Krijger -

Hi Itamar,

Yes this does indeed help a lot, if in no other way than give some perspective.

My guess is that using the last option you mentioned, converting gridext to grid will turn out to work the best.

Anne.

In reply to Anne Krijger

by Endrio Mikky -

1. If we wish the notification to be emailed to the trainer, do we select Role and edit the role for the datablock?  I have been able to get the emailed notification as Support contact, but not Admin (me) or by entering user name and/or email address.  http://www.testking.net/testking-C4120-782.htm The Trainer (teacher) role is selected in the 'Permissions in Block: Dataform notification' section.