2.7 grade book not calculating the same as 1.9 did

2.7 grade book not calculating the same as 1.9 did

by Linda Bellomo -
Number of replies: 1

We are switching from 1.9 to 2.7. My course gradebooks don't seem to be calculating the way they used to, even though the settings look like they are the same. To add to the confusion, the two courses I am playing with aren't showing the SAME problems. It's obviously a settings issue, but I think I need a fresh brain to help me untangle this mess. smile

We have used the Course Average grade to show the % of total course points the student has earned. In one course we get CLOSE. But instead of showing that they have earn 12% it shows 88%. I am not sure why it is flipped. In the other course, it shows 100% even though there are many empty grades. 

In both courses, the Category Average (where we have all of their assignments and assessments for the course and want the grade to show just for items that have been submitted and graded), it is showing 100% even though they haven't earned 100%. 

Is there some change from 1.9 to 2.7 that makes things calculate differently?

In reply to Linda Bellomo

Re: 2.7 grade book not calculating the same as 1.9 did

by Bob Puffer -

This could be due to a lot of thing and in order to discover the cause we need a lot more information:

• Version of 1.9 from which you're coming? 1.95 forward was a MUCH different gradebook than previous  versions of 1.9.
  • Screen caps of the following (omit or blur student info):
    1. Grader report from same course both 1.9 and 2.7 versions
    2. User report for a real student for both Moodle versions (same course)
    3. Settings tab/ dropdown both versions (if you have a settings tab for 1.9)
    4. Preferences tab/ dropdown both versions (if you have a prefs tab for 1.9)