Student User Reports not Displaying all Activities and Grades

Student User Reports not Displaying all Activities and Grades

by Hannah Symonds -
Number of replies: 5

Hey,

I have a large course created where the students are enrolled and need to complete a number of quizzes to complete their course. To know where they are up to they look in their user report which indicates to them which exams they have sat and which exams they still need to sit.

However I have just discovered that when the certain students go into their User report to see what exams they need to complete the list of quizzes is incomplete. As an administrator I seem to be able to see every quiz written for the course but the students can only see a handful and it varies between different courses and different students.

The image above it what I can see as an administrator...however the image below is what the same student can see.

How do I make it so they student can see what the admin sees in their user report as they need to know which exams they still need to sit etc.

I have checked the individual exam settings and "marks" for all before during and after tabs are ticked and from what I can see the quizzes are not hidden. I have been uploading these exams for months and have done it the exact same way each time so am baffled as to why some can be seen and others not.

Any help with this would be most appreciated

Cheers

Hannah

In reply to Hannah Symonds

Re: Student User Reports not Displaying all Activities and Grades

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Several possibilities but basically somewhere you have a setting that is hiding the grade or activity from the student.  

Places to check...

Is the section or quiz itself hidden?  Many teachers like to hide sections until they are available but this have the effect of hiding the grade entry as well.

Is the grade hidden in the grade book?

In the quiz feedback settings, is it set to only show the grade after the quiz has closed?  If so, does the quiz have an end date or is it just open (meaning they will never see the grade because there is no end date)

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Hannah Symonds -

Hey Emma,

Thanks so much for you quick reply. I have just gone in to a random exam in the course and have taken a screen shot of the review options. This is the same for every single exam so i dont see how this would affect some exams and not others 

I have also attached just some other setting on the exam in case this helps...again these setting are practically the same for every exam so not sure why some would be affected and others not

just looking at the above screen shot would I need to have allowed access from box ticked? again its not ticked for other ones but would that make a difference. I have also checked to see if the exam itself is hidden and the little eye is open so I am assuming it is not hidden. Also in regards to the gradebook hiding the exam I have just checked and the hidden box is unticked therefore I am assuming it is not hidden from my students.

Am i just totally missing something or is there something wrong...been investigating for two days now and still am no closer to solving this issue...any help is truly appreciated

Hannah

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, you have restricted access to it.  So until they have completed the requirement, they are not going to see it - it is effectively hidden.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Hannah Symonds -

Hey Emma,

I see what you are saying but I have used the same setting for all exams and some are coming up on the students screens and others are not whether they have or haven't completed the activity restriction so am unsure why the quizzes even though formatted exactly the same are different in the user reports...sorry that is where my confusion lies as you would think it would be the same across all quizzes not just some.

Thanks for your help

by Emma Richardson -

And you are sure that the sections aren't hidden?  Even if the activities aren't hidden, if you hide the section, it will have the same effect.  

Something has to be different somewhere...how about grade book settings - do you maybe have that set differently - some might be set to hide hidden grades and others set to show??