Bulk course upload not respecting course defaults

Bulk course upload not respecting course defaults

by Randy Thornton -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Documentation writers

I created test courses using the bulk upload courses tool, but have discovered that it created courses don't have the proper Completion tracking settings in them after creation. This seems to be happening in both 2.6 and 2.7.

To reproduce:

1) In Site admin > Courses > Course default settings > Completion tracking = Yes

2) Do a bulk upload of some test courses with the minimal fields required (shortname, fullname, category - sample attached) in Site admin > Courses > Upload courses. (Note there is no ability to set that default here in the interface for Completion, unlike some other settings.)

3) Go to one of the created courses and in Course admin > Edit settings > Completion tracking that 'Enable completion tracking' is still set to No.

It should honor the course default settings set at the site level.

Can someone reproduce / confirm. Looks like a bug to me.

Randy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Randy Thornton

Re: Bulk course upload not respecting course defaults

by Marina Glancy -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Randy, this sounds like a bug. Please consider creating an issue on Moodle Tracker https://tracker.moodle.org

Thanks

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Randy,

I have also tested on my localhost Moodle, completion tracking settings still shows "NO" even I have selected to enable it in course default settings.

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Thanks, Sakshi. Nice to have a veteran confirm it wasn't just me doing something wrong.