Quiz: (i) testing stidents' knowledge of tables and (ii) making questions repeat

Quiz: (i) testing stidents' knowledge of tables and (ii) making questions repeat

by B K -
Number of replies: 0
Hi all

Testing Tables in Moodle?
Just wondering if moodle is capable of testing studetents' knowledge of tables. For example, bus times tables. i.e. I want moodle to be able to randomly select a bus route and a bus stop and i want the students to be forced to look up the time until they get familiar with the table.

x axis - the top row lists bus stop locations
y - axis - the 1st collumn indicates bus routes
and the table is populated with times in AM/PM which tell people at what time a bus on a particular route will arrive at a particular stop location,

see below:

bus times tables

I want to ask students questions like: for the bus which is travelling on route 213, what time will it reach Downing st? you get the picture. 

Is there any way for moodle to randomly automate a series of questions similar to the one above?

Making questions repeat

I want to make 15 questions repeat themselves perhaps one hundred times. 

e.g.:

(1) what is the chemical symbol for ........iron?

(2) what is the chemical symbol for ........lead?

(3) what is the chemical symbol for ........gold?

I want these questions repeated again and again - the same questions - many times over. the best way for certain things to be learned is through route memory.

Is there a way of making moodle do that? (I tried asking this in another thread but did not readily find any solutions).

I am hoping this thread will help people wanting to solve similar problems in the future.

any advice would be appreciated thanks guys.

BK

Average of ratings: -