Import error

Import error

by Russell Thomson -
Number of replies: 4

Moodle 2.6.3

I have a problem with import , which stops with the error message 

'error/error_question_answers_missing_in_db'. 

I have run debug and would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to correct this.

Regards

Attachment Screenshot 2014-07-21 13.21.12.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Thomson

Re: Import error

by Rob Johnson -

This is in the tracker here.  It has haunted me since upgrading from 1.9 years ago.  On my main site, it only happens on questions in system level categories.  My solution has been to move them into course level categories.  As you can see from the tracker item discussion, the error is thrown in various circumstances.  Solutions presented have worked for some, but not others.

Commenting out the code that throws the error will allow the import to complete, but it is not recommended.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Russell Thomson -

I started Moodle with 2.3 and the import worked with 2.6.3 until recently. In addition, I don't have any questions at system level. 

Is there something else that could be wrong?

Regards

In reply to Russell Thomson

by Rob Johnson -

If you read through the tracker discussion, you will find it affects sites with differing circumstances.  That is likely why it has never been solved.  I am sorry I don't have a better answer.  I replied to your post so you would know you are not alone.

Again, if you comment out the code that throws the error, the import will finish and the questions will work as expected.  Though that is not a solution to the issue.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Russell Thomson -

Thanks for your help. 

A few hours after receiving your post, I tried experimenting with import and found that in a different category I could import without a problem So, I created a new category and imported from the problematic category and before it finished I received the following warning (screenshot) but the import went ahead. It looks like you were right about the system level questions even though none are visible.

It looks like transferring all the files to a new category will work for me.

Thanks again.

Attachment Screenshot 2014-07-22 22.45.59 - 1.png